Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!!

In order to be able to celebrate New Years with our boys without having to sacrifice our sanity on the first (when they would have been sleep deprived and extremely grumpy) we opted to ring in the new year a little early this year. We headed to the children's museum and joined in on the celebration there where we enjoyed the museum, made some AMAZING party hats* and rang in the new year at 12:00 noon complete with cookies and juice. All in all we had a great time.

*Honesty Disclosure: I thought the party hats were a bit rediculous... they were Jared's creative genius. Although I have to say the boys LOVED them and had many compliments... and we overheard many kids asking their parents if they could make a hat like that!! Not to mention the laughs we got, particularly once we LEFT the museum and were on our way out to the car.

5 comments:

Janet said...

Oooh... I want a cool party hat! I might just have to skype Jared so he can teach me how to make them for my birthday party! The kids look histerical in them! Where's yours? You and Jared were wearing them too right?

LAURA said...

I love the hats, very creative Jared.

Laura said...

Those hats are way cool! Glad the new year was fun! We pawned off Callie on my parents as to avoid the terror the next day would have have been had she stayed up all night! :) How are you feeling?

Jenson Family said...

Rolly-polly Nicolly... I can't remember which day you are due. We are quite close are we not? Good luck. Love the hats!

Al said...

Oh I like their hats! You guys are fun parents!