...Crazy People Running that is! Last weekend I ran the Ragnar Relay Del Sol with 11 of them! A 204 mile relay race in Arizona from Prescott to Tempe. We had a team of 12 runners in 2 vans who took turns running continuously for 30 hours. Each runner ran 3 legs so it was Run. Drive. Sleep? Repeat! Our team was Crazy People Running (CPR) It was crazy, it was fun, it was exhausting. It was a freaking awesome time! We drove, we ran, we cheered, we slept... not really, and we laughed A LOT. Everything is funnier when you're tired! My good friend Julie put the team together and she was the only one I knew. I was a last minute fill in for someone who got injured while training but I couldn't have chosen a better group of people to run with. I would love to put together a team to run the Ragnar DC this Fall, any takers??

Just after finishing my last leg... I'm still smiling!
Sporting our sweet reflective vests. After someone was hit by a car in the Vegas relay last year all runners were required to wear reflective vests from dusk to dawn. Unfortunately another runner was hit this year during our race when he stepped out in the road right in front of a car. Such a tragedy, our heart goes out to his family and loved ones. 




8 comments:
That is RAD...I want to, but Ooooh so far away! I'd do AZ with you next year! :)
You look so incredible, and it's clear you had the time of your life!! What a nice thing to do for yourself and your family--you being fit and healthy will help all of you!!
That would be so fun!!! I'm a crazy runner now, you know. It looks like you had a blast. My cousin did a run from Omaha to somewhere, or somewhere to Omaha, very similar to this one you did. How fun!! CPR, cute!
Ok, I have nothing to contribute about running (YOU ROCK!) but I do want to comment on what a CUTE family you have....it's always fun to see your pictures! Tell Jared Hi!
You are crazy, but good for you. You look amazing by the way.
Nicole - you are amazing! How fun that you got to come back to do the relay. There were loads of people from my ward that ran it too. Fun b-day pics too. I'm sure you enjoyed the weather!
That's awesome Nicole. Congratulations! You never cease to amaze me with your ambition. You go Girl!
How far did you run? I saw the combined mileage, but what distance did you do? A lot I am sure! That's crazy and great! Good job!
Post a Comment