Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Celebrate the BIG Day Mad Scientist Style...

This week Carter wants to be a scientist when he grows up, and actually it's been the future profession of choice for a several months now.  So when his birthday rolled around we celebrated mad scientist style, with dry ice, exploding soda geysers, kool-aid concoctions, exploding "atoms", slime and lots of laughing and fun.  We got into costume and went to work in the lab.  When I started dressing the boys in their white coats and goggles and doing their crazy Einstein hair one of the boys yelled, "Makeovers!"  Too funny!  Even little boys like to get makeovers of the right variety.








None of Carter's friends have baby's at home.  It's so fun to see them dote over Camden.  They insisted Cam get a scientist makeover too!





Our Kool-Aid mixers










 Such a fun party, probably my favorite so far!  Happy Birthday C!

8 comments:

Julie said...

What an awesome party!!!!! The cake was perfect!! YOU. ARE. AMAZING. Such lucky boys!!!

Kimberly said...

You're, like, super-mom!
;)

jamie @ [kreyv] said...

Such a cute idea. I'm telling you...Martha Stewart!

The Payne family said...

That really is such a clever idea. I've never seen the mad scientist theme done before. What a cool mom you are!

{autie} said...

seriously, just stop it.
you're parties are amazing..I'm calling you for help next time.
sooo amazing. Carter's a lucky genius!

Janet said...

What a fun party! I love science and I love crazy. I may steal this for my next themed party. Wish I could have been there.

Kara said...

Such a fun idea- perfect for the age! That looked like far too much work for how much they probably appreciated it, but at least you have pictures!!

AMY said...

How fun! Connor would have loved that party. Happy B-day to all your boys!