Well we made it to our first festival this week, which of course was German Fest (Jared served his mission in Munich). We decided that since Thursday was family fun day it would most likely be the most tame (not to mention we got in free). I have heard that the festivals are an excuse for Milwaukeeans who already like to drink beer to drink even more beer. I must say I only saw one person that was totally plastered and it was early... before 7pm. We had a great time eating brats and hot dogs, listening to the German and not so German bands, walking through all of the tents and vendors, admiring at all of their German treasures, and musing at the adults all decked out in lederhosen. The night ended with a firework show over Lake Michigan. Mostly it was great to spend the evening together as a family enjoying Milwaukee summer nights. Now that I attended a fest I can say that I really LIVED in Milwaukee!

The boys sporting rediculously ugly German (or not so German) hats with signs on them that read German Fest ist Wunderbart!

In front of the human sized Glockenspiel (Cookoo clock)
1 comment:
I love it that you guys get out and do things. That way you get to know and love where you live.
Post a Comment