Since this is our first Christmas on our own we have had the opportunity to establish traditions. We have chosen which traditions we would continue from each of our families and we have been able to start some of our own traditions. One of the new traditions (something we have done before, but decided this year that we should do it every year) is that of getting together with friends to make gingerbread houses. This year Gage decided that we would make a Gingerbread train instead of a house... who says you always have to go with the in crowd. So, we made a train! The thing I love about making Gingerbread houses with kids this age is that WAY more candy makes it into their little tummies than on the gingerbread.


Merry Christmas!
1 comment:
That is so fun about making gingerbread houses! We are going to make some tomorrow night. I almost didn't want to do it because of the time involved in making the gingerbread, but I talked myself into it, and decided that it was something I wanted my kids to look forward to every year. Fun tree too! We got a live one also...you may have seen from our blog. And the whole dog thing...yeah, some people need kids don't they?!!!
Merry Christmas you guys! I hope it's a great one as your first one as your own little "family".
Post a Comment