It finally warmed up enough for us to go out and play in ALL of the snow that we have had. We got several inches of fresh snow on Christmas Eve (to add to the large base we have already accumulated) and had a great time building snowmen. This December has definitely been a snowy one... Carter even had his first snow day, I didn't know they cancelled school for snow in Milwaukee. We have nearly broken the record for the snowiest December in recorded history. Looks like we moved here just in time to make history!!
Jared, Carter, and Dane (our neighbor) also worked hard to build a snow cave in the backyard. Jared thought it would be a great idea to sleep in it with Carter... I wasn't so keen on that idea. Mostly I didn't want them to get cold and come crawling into my nice warm bed in the middle of the night. They were pretty proud of the cave and were quite disappointed when the rain came today and washed it away (they never did get a chance to sleep in it... oh well, I'm sure there will be plenty more snow which equals plenty more opportunities to build another one).
And we finally made it to one of the nearby sledding hills yesterday. It was a beautiful day and I even made it down the hill a few times before deciding I wasn't quite ready to knock this baby out of me! There was a little jump that Carter had a blast going over, time and time again. Gage even got brave enough to catch some air all by his lonesome.
Although I am already getting a wee bit tired of the snow, there IS a lot of fun to be had!!!!
6 comments:
I don't know if your snow is really that much fun, but you certainly make it look wonderful and that you are making amazing family memories. Keep up the good work.
Fun! Check out that air! We missed you guys today. Family functions just aren't the same. Love you guys!
That looks so much fun. Happy New Years to you and your family!
Sledding, you went sledding while pregnant. Are you crazy? I have to say that I don't envy you and all the snow. We are loving our 50 degree weather. It couldn't be nicer. It was also nice to see Chester (Jason) over the holiday. He came over to see Aaron and I got to give him a big hug. I hope Jason's influence can help in bringing Aaron back into the fold. We miss the glow of the Saviour in his eyes. Merry Christmas Nicole and family.
Hey Nicole! I've come across your blog twice in the last 24 hours off of other friends, so I figured maybe the universe wants me to say hi. :)
Your boys are adorable! Hope you're doing well!
That looks like a ton of fun!!! You have put our snow to shame. I hope you guys had a great CHristmas!
Post a Comment