Thursday, July 16, 2009

Soccer

Carter had so much fun playing soccer this Spring. It was too bad that half of the games were on Sunday so he only got to play half the season. He was a great sport about it! He was really into it and had a hard time not going after the ball. He is such a competitive little boy... I wonder where he gets that from?? They don't keep score for his age group and I just had to laugh when we would walk away from a game and Carter would be talking to a teammate and say, "We won 16 to 7." And almost simultaneously I would hear someone from the other team say, "We beat those guys 15 to 4." It was great, they were all winners in their own book. Carter did score more than his fair share of goals this season.... and all but one of them were for his team!! It was hilarious. In his defense they usually switch sides at half but this game in particular the ref had them switch sides at the end of each quarter. Well it happened right after the 3rd quarter and they had just switched it up again. Everyone was yelling at him to go the other way but he had a straight shot right to the goal and was going for it with determination. I so wish I had his reaction on video, it was hilarious! Right after he kicked the ball in the goal his arms went up with excitement and then it dawned on him that it was the wrong goal. He had the funniest look on his face and brought his hands down on top of his head. It was classic! (at least they don't keep score, and they didn't lose because of it!)

It was also during one of those soccer games that I became aware of how ungraceful I am as a mother. I was juggling chairs, a blanket, a screaming baby and a cranky toddler, all the while trying to watch Carter play with the hopes of snapping a few pictures since Jared was only going to be able to make it to his last game. The lady sitting next to me turns to me and says, "Just watching you makes me tired!"

Gage was a good little cheerleader (even though he was so sad that he wasn't out there playing too). The first game of the season was FREEZING cold. We weren't prepared for that. Many of the parents showed up in their parkas with scarves and gloves. Well we had jackets on but no winter coats, after all it was MAY!! Well Gage was so cold that he hid under a blanket the whole game but from under those covers you could still hear him shouting, "Go Carter, Go Carter, Go Carter Go!!"

5 comments:

Julie said...

How fun!! Impressive that you got any pictures at all, and these are great!!

Janet said...

Can I just say that I love the way Carters hair moves in the wind. It's got some serious body. Love it! Wish we could have come to some soccer games. Maybe next year.

Lindsey Simon said...

How fun! Give us a call when you come to Utah 801-797-9365. We would love to go to the park etc.

Heather said...

Ah the joys of soccer. Every year I vow that my boys will not play but the ranting from my children outways my desires. Look like you guys had a great time. I often get that look of , you make me tired. I had one father of a boy on Logan's team call me, Little Momma everytime he saw me. He was just amazed that I did so much as basically a single mom. Anthony only made it to two games of each boy. Traveling too much. Where do you guys plan on settling after Jared is done with school?

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

I bet you looked very graceful juggling everything! That is too funny about the lady's comment. Looks like you had a great time in Chicago too--a little while back. You are one hot momma Nicole!!