Thursday, July 16, 2009

We've moved again! Already?!?

Good-bye Cheeseheads!!!

The last year went by waaay too fast. Believe it or not another moving day has come and gone. I am soooo excited to not have to move for 4 more years. We are finally in our "new" house. (new to us but this is not AZ new folks... this is Midwest 58 years old new! You gotta love that 1950's "charm." I do love our house and it will be so fun when we make it ours. It is a little red brick ranch with soon to be black shutters... pictures to come one of these days! I love our neighborhood and as long as we don't venture too far south living in Michigan is great!! It will be nice when we actually get to enjoy living here and we can spend our days outside rather than unpacking boxes. I NEVER thought I'd say this but we are really going to miss Wisconsin, especially all of the great people we met there!!


Check out these muscles!!


I'm not sure how, but somehow we managed to get this armoire into the upstairs of our duplex but had an impossible time getting it out. We got it down the stairs but tried every way possible to get it out. After busting the molding off of the top of it we decided to take it back up the stairs. I was content leaving it behind but Jared was determined (probably because he didn't want to have to buy something different.) So we took it outside on our back patio (from the 2nd story mind you) and lifted it over the back patio where Jared was standing on the top of a ladder waiting to catch it... this thing is not light folks. So, our 3rd man left me hanging onto the edge of this armoire (quite literally hanging on it in an attempt to use all of my weight to keep it from squashing Jared like a bug) so that he could go help Jared lower it down. Surprisingly it made it out in almost one piece... the only damage being done when we were trying to wedge it through the front door. I have been told that I cannot buy a piano until we settle for good!


Jared thought he was pretty tough stuff as he passed this Lamborghini on the freeway in his 26 foot truck pulling our car.... until he realized it was getting off on this exit!

3 comments:

{autie} said...

I've been missing posts from you guys!!! Hope you are having fun in the new place! We need your new address!

Camilla said...

So you are in MI now?!? Man you guys are all over the place. Well if in fact you are in MI, you MUST go to Traverse City next July for the Cherry Festival. (I'm from Traverse City) it's up north, not the UP but northern MI. Have fun there, would LOVE to come see you.

Janet said...

I love those little cheeseheads! They look so stinkin' cute. Of course it couldn't be a real move without a little adventure. Glad you got there safe.