Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Summer Trip West, First Stop... IDAHO

The first stop on our trip out west was Malad, Idaho. There are always good times to be had in Malad, after all it's where Idaho begins! (if I were Jared I would insist that everyone knows someone from Malad. I won't bother to venture and ask, because obviously if you are reading this you know someone from Malad... or maybe you're just stalking them.) Our trip was made up of hiking, 4-wheeling, swimming, shooting guns, ice cream cones, camping, lots of marshmallows, fishing, and coddling the baby animals on the farm. Oh how I miss the Rocky Mountain West! The flight there was pretty uneventful (I wish I could say the same for the 2nd and 3rd legs of the trip when I was flying with 3 little boys by myself... more on that to come later.)


The pilot invited Carter and Gage to come and take a look around the cockpit before we took off and asked Carter to report on his landing once we got to SLC. Carter's report, "That was a good landing, mom!"

We went hiking up New Canyon. All was well until Carter and Gage were introduced to stinging nettle! This was Cam's first hiking adventure (I know, so sad! I think Gage and Carter were both initiated before they were a month old... but like I said, no mountains.)

He loved it!!

I think they outsmarted their dad on this one!!


The boys enjoyed looking at the baby animals, as long as they didn't get too close. Cam especially loved the puppies... he tried to eat them! At this age they really to put everything in their mouth!!

Gage wasn't so sure he wanted to be fed to the pigs.


How cute! Can I take him home with me??


Carter and Gage had their first shooting lessons. Maybe they should have learned from me because I have to boast that I was the only one that got a bulls eye! It's okay, you can call me Annie Oakley if you'd like!

I went fishing for the first time... and I was really good at drowning a worm! The first time out was with 7 little boys, not so much fun. It was no surprise we didn't catch anything with all of the rocks that were being thrown into the reservoir. Attempt two... much more enjoyable, quite relaxing, but still no luck!

You know you've worn them out when they fall asleep eating their s'mores! (And this kid usually inhales a bag of marshmallows by himself.)

3 comments:

Janet said...

Too cute. I can't believe Gagers fell asleep with a bag of uneaten mallows next to him. That's precious. And did you tell Carter to hold the gun and be tough or did he do that on his own, because I love it. I'm impressed by you being the only one to get a bullseye, you're the bomb. Looks like a fun time.

AMY said...

Nicole, I was just reading about your summer, move and trip. You guys have been busy! I had no idea that Jared loves big hair bands - me too! I would love to go to Bon Jovi! Hope you are getting all settled in Detroit - good luck!

Lindsey Simon said...

Looks like you guys had a fun trip! Too bad we missed seeing you. Maybe next time. Cute hair by the way! It looks so good on you :)