

Carter has been asking to do a lemonade stand but we don't live on a very busy street. So, what better time to do one then during Dream Cruise when all of the local traffic is diverted from Woodward Ave. (see next post) Carter and Gage sat out there for about 10 minutes before someone stopped -- I think they were about ready to give up. They were so giddy when they got their first customer! Total earnings $55.00 in 3 hours! Can you believe that!! (Thanks in part to the construction worker across the street who gave them
$10 for a cup of lemonade... it
was good lemonade... but maybe not
that good.) They're a fourth of the way to a trampoline!
6 comments:
That is so funny and awesome about the lemonade stand! Lee did that when he was little and before he even started his mom charged him for the sugar and the mix, and whatnot. Probably the cups too. So, remember to take your earnings! The Dream Cruise looks awesome! My boys (and Lee) would L O V E it!!!!
Wow...can we say inflation. My lemonade stand back in the day was 5 cents per cup and I only made a few dollars over a weekend! Yikes! I could take a few lessons from Carter and Gage...hmmm career change...not a bad idea!
The boys are too cute, I would agree its always hard to turn down kids even if you dont want or need it, SO Props to them for being so creative,not to mention love the cash register to veryprepared we miss you guys here hope your enjoying yournew house take care!
Gotta find some way to make extra money while the hubbies are in residency! 'Hope all is well in MI!
Abby I totally hear ya on the inflation thing. I remember getting paid $1-2 an hour to babysit, my babysitter last weekend charged $7/hour. Jamie - I wish we could have a lemonade stand every weekend. $50 for 3 hours of work isn't too bad-- that could definitely supplement the resident salary!
LOVE IT! They really made a killing too!
Post a Comment