Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Lucky

Today I overheard Carter and Gage arguing, something to do with Carter having the book Gage wanted and he was whining about not getting what he wanted, then I heard this conversation --

Carter: "Did anyone ever tell you how lucky you are?"
Gage: "Huh?"
Carter (in a totally serious tone): "Some people don't have cars... or houses... or clothes... they just have to be naked all the time. Some people don't have food... and they're hungry all the time. Some people don't have anything. That's how lucky you are!"
Gage: "Okay......can I have that book?"

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Such funny boys. By the way,one of the first things I said to my sis once she had her son and named him Gage was that Lisa had a friend who had both a Carter and a Gage. My mom then asked if you had more kids, and I told her about Cam and they both loved his name too. We just all have great taste! As far as Carter's name, I've always loved it for a boy, but after meeting an adorable girl in our ward with it..Michael and I adored it for a girl. We love girl names that can be both girl/boy (like Reese). SO fun!

Sariah said...

Wow. I feel really bad for those naked, hungry people. We really ARE lucky. Thanks to Carter for that reminder. :)

Heather said...

I love the rational of little boys. Thank you for making my day, now give me the book?

Nicole said...

Homeless too Sariah, don't forget that they're homeless without even a van... down by the river.