I have the best extended family ever! My cousin, Julie, just took a weeks vacation to come and visit us in Detroit! True love my friends, that is true love! Okay, so we don't really claim Detroit, but nonetheless she came. Unfortunately I don't think it's me she came to see, I think it has something to do with my adorable offspring. "Aunt Julie," as she is affectionately called came to Michigan, she spoiled my kiddos, we played, we saw the sights of Detroit hehe, we discovered our new favorite restaurant... let me hear a woot woot for Pasquale's (that's for you Julie), we crafted and did projects -- basically we had a rockin' time. See for yourself!The Zoo:




The Detroit Science Center:


The Metro Park Petting Zoo and Nature Trail:Roasting marshmallows and making s'mores, Mmm. Definitely more fun outside, but it was way to cold:

The cider mills in Michigan are superb. They have the BEST apple cider and donuts. I am not a big donut fan but a warm apple or pumpkin donut with a cup of FRESH apple cider definitely hits the spot!



These giant rolls of hay made for the best game of hot lava monster tag. Gage's legs were a little short to jump from bail to bail but it didn't keep him from trying. Stinkin' fun!!Julie didn't come early enough to see all of the beautiful Michigan Fall, but there were plenty of leaves left to play in:

You're welcome to come and visit too!! Love you Julie, thanks for coming to play!




2 comments:
I love the leaves pictures. That looks like so much fun. Julie keeps on talking about how she is now the favorite, so now I hate her.... just joshin'. When I come to visit can we get a pumpkin donut and hot apple cider? That sounds so tasty. Speaking of which, are you guys coming in February? If not I will be there for Carters birthday. Miss you.
How fun for you to have a cousin that would do that! Your cute little family looks so happy. You are always having fun! Indiana had the best apple cider too! Must be a midwest thing.
Post a Comment