Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Big Biter

Carter joined Cub Scouts this year and is our little Tiger Cub. 3 of his good friends were joining and since Jared said this would be his thing, meaning I wouldn't have to do anything, including get him there, we gave it a go! So far it has proved to be great. What little boy doesn't like launching rockets, making and racing sailboats and cars and running around the gym with their friends?

Last week his pack had their Raingutter Regata. Each scout made a sailboat and raced them in a raingutter. They propelled the boats by blowing the sails. I may be a bit biased (after all I was the master mind behind the boat... although credit for the execution goes to Jared and Carter) but I thought it was the sharpest boat there- a shark which Carter named "Big Biter."

Justin, Spencer, Carter & Kaden... yes we are the heathens without a uniform!


Carter won 1st place for the Tiger Cubs and 2nd place for his whole pack. He was so excited to get a silver medal! (And Gage didn't cry this time because he didn't getting one.) I think it's safe to say our little boy is full of hot air... I wonder where he gets it from??

And a picture of Cam because it was his birthday. He always said he wanted to go to a cub scouts activity for his 1st birthday!! Happy Birthday Cam!

4 comments:

Ang said...

Yea! Cub scouts. I'm actually currently serving as the Cub Scout Committee Chair in our ward. You guys did the Raingutter Regata early. How fun. And what a cool boat! Way to go Mom. :)

Heather said...

Oh I love Tiger Cubs. It makes me sad that the church doesn't do it. We did it with Collin but then life gets more crazy as they get older and so Logan and Trenton haven't been able to. Good job Carter.

Whitney said...

I cant believe he is the old.

Kara said...

I haven't seen a picture of him in so long, he looks so old. What a cutie. By the way- did you purposely leave the little blue button up uniform at home or was it just not properly washed and pressed? Miss you guys-