Monday, January 28, 2013

Snow day!...or should I say slush day!?

A phone call at 5:30am is a welcome one when it's telling me to go back to bed, there's no school today.  As I lay in bed trying to fall back to sleep my mind drifted to a day full of sledding and snow man building with my boys.  I was excited to get out and play in the snow!  Imagine my disappointment when I looked out the window at 8:30 and saw sleet coming down and several inches of slush on the ground where freshly fallen snow had laid the night before.  "What am I going to do with 4 boys all day who are taking a week off of screen time this week!?"  Go sledding in the slush?... Why not!  The slush packed into ice pretty quick which made for some quick moving sleds!...  Although, not much fun when we wiped out, especially with Dax strapped to the front of me.  I'm pretty sure I threw my back out contorting my body in ways I never knew possible to avoid planting him face first in the snow with me on top of him.  We all came out smiling in the end!