“The rewards of mothering are not immediate. There are times when you are less than appreciated. I took from the oven one day what I thought was a beautiful casserole, only to have my 6 year old son say, ‘mom, how come you baked the garbage?’ Then there is the unexpected hug when you least deserve it.”
Although being a mom is hard as we oft times feel unappreciated and that our efforts go unnoticed it is important to cherish the small moments that make it all worth it. Like today when Carter came up to me after my talk, smiled and said, "Mom, I was praying for you up there!"
I also shared a vivid memory from my childhood which exemplifies how great moms are. I was in the bathroom getting ready when I knocked a bottle of nail polish off of the counter onto the new tile floor!! (ughh, I felt awful) The nail polish got into the grout...which doesn't come out so great by the way. I will never forget the note that was on my pillow when I got home from school!
"I realized today how important you are and how unimportant floors are. I love you, Mom"
Aren't moms the greatest! So to all you mothers out there and all of you that aren't mothers but have had an influence for good in the life of a child, Happy Mother's Day!!


9 comments:
I really enjoyed your talk yesterday. And you were hardly blubbery at all. I promise!!
We are going to miss you guys SO much when you/we move. I'm sad thinking about it. :(
Aww, Nicole that was a sweet post! You truly are a great example to me. You do have a great mom and you're a great mom yourself. I loved the story about the nail polish, so sweet. You're great and I'll miss you when you leave. Please, always keep in touch! Love you, Mer ;o)
Happy Mother's Day! Your boys are so cute and lucky to have such a pretty, fun mom! We had so much fun getting together!
I love that picture of you and your boys. What a wonderful tribute. You are an examplary mother.
Hey Nicole, you have such a beautiful family! That was a great post - I just wanted to say hello, it's been a long time. Take care
Andrea (Bird) Powell
powellhappenings.blogspot.com
Cute cute post and pics. I wish I couldn't have been there that day. We are really going to miss you in YW Nicole!
I love that quote from Sister Hinckley! I agree with you, being a mother is definatley the BEST!
Cute blog. I'm excited to see what Wisconsin brings for you and your family. It will be fun to keep in touch!
Hey Nicole...So glad you made it safe...wondering why updating your blog wasn't on the top of your list of things to do...just kidding. Hey, email me your address when you get a sec, I have something to send you!
autie
Post a Comment