Friday, February 13, 2009

Worth It...

Some days I have screaming, fighting, back talking, mess making, deaf little monsters that I feel like I am fighting with all day long and I find myself thinking, "I don't think I'm cut out to be a mom, especially a mom of 3 rambunctious boys!" But then there are those moments where they tell me how beautiful I am or they do a chore without being asked or they say something that is so stinkin' funny that I am reminded how great it is to be a mom and how blessed I am to have 3 amazingly beautiful, healthy little munchkins to love! Here are a few of our most recent moments:
The other night Gage woke up and came into my room. In my half awake, sleep deprived state I asked, "what's the matter baby?" Gage immediately burst into tears, crying, "I am NOT a baby! I am a BIG BROTHER!!"

Whenever we pass a cemetery as we are driving around town Gage gets so excited and boisterously shouts, "that is where people get buried when they die!" Well we were driving and as we passed a cemetery Gage saw a grave site that had a Christus statue on it. He got sooo excited and exclaimed, "Mom! That is where Jesus is buried!!"

Whenever I give Gage and Carter a bath they obsess about not getting soap or water in their eyes. I usually use a "no more tears" shampoo but we just ran out. As I was about to use the regular shampoo to wash Carter's hair he has a hysterical moment and insists that I can't use the shampoo because, "it's the hot kind." (translation: it will burn my eyes.) Trying to get through this bath I explain to him that it isn't hot, in fact it is orange shampoo - here smell it. He smells it and seems to be convinced by its citrus aroma that it's not hot. I start to wash his hair and he states, "Now if it were BBQ shampoo, then it would be hot!" BBQ shampoo? Hmmm, we may have something here.

These are those moments that make it all worth it!!

Photo caption - "WARNING: Do not leave two little boys unsupervised for any length of time! They may strip down naked and turn themselves into monsters via a box of lonely markers."

9 comments:

natasha said...

And those are the moments that make me miss those guys more and more! Thanks for sharing stories, they are the best! They put a smile on my face

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

That is so funny about the BBQ Shampoo! What do your boys have on them? Did they color on themselves? I am curious. Hope you are doing well and getting some sleep!

Janet said...

Tell Carter that if it was BBQ shampoo it wouldn't be hot, it would taste like armpit. You know my theory about BBQ sauce, right? If body odor had a taste, it would be BBQ sauce. And can I just say how I love those boys! They are stinkin' cute and I miss them like crazy. I'm not making any promises on this 3rd one though.... he just might not be as cool. We'll see this weekend! I'm soooo excited!

Jacqui said...

Oh they are so hilarious!!!! I miss all the funny stories Tasha would tell me so I LOVE reading them!!

Anonymous said...

Those stories are great :)!! You gotta love boys and you definitely will get your fill of them... thank goodness you are so easy going and a great mom!!

Heather said...

I love my three rambunctious boys and you do too and that is what makes it all worth it. What's with all the spots?

Tiffany said...

Cute?... Yes... Worth it?...not sure.. Just Kidding. Turner is starting to say funny thing. I need to write them down because I always end up forgetting them. I want to see some more pics of Cam!

Nicole said...

Heather and Ruth - It's just a random picture of my boys after leaving them unsupervised with a box of markers within their reach... they turned themselves into monsters!

AMY said...

Ya gotta love the innocence! We need to see more pics of your newest munchkin!