So St. Patty's day was probably the warmest day we've had here since last October (I think it got to 60 degrees, not to worry it quickly fell back to the 30's). Our neighbor came over in the morning to see if Carter was wearing shorts to school. Carter's response: "Um, no. But I'm wearing green, are you wearing green - it's St. Patrick's day." The neighbors response, "No, I'm not Irish, I don't celebrate St. Patrick's day...pause... just Christmas and Easter." I think Carter was a little confused because we celebrate Christmas and Easter... and a lot of other holidays in between. I thought it was pretty funny, who knew you had to be Irish to wear green on St. Patty's. We don't go all out for this particular holiday (or do much at all for that matter). We didn't have green milk or pancakes like a good mom would have done, I didn't make corned beef and cabbage (I've never even eaten the stuff)... But we did wear green. Carter had fun at school talking about Leprechauns and rainbows and gold... Carter and Gage have since had to hide all of their treasures for fear that the Leprechauns would steal them.... we've even had a couple Leprechaun sightings while driving around town... oh to be a kid again!
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Not Irish!?!
So St. Patty's day was probably the warmest day we've had here since last October (I think it got to 60 degrees, not to worry it quickly fell back to the 30's). Our neighbor came over in the morning to see if Carter was wearing shorts to school. Carter's response: "Um, no. But I'm wearing green, are you wearing green - it's St. Patrick's day." The neighbors response, "No, I'm not Irish, I don't celebrate St. Patrick's day...pause... just Christmas and Easter." I think Carter was a little confused because we celebrate Christmas and Easter... and a lot of other holidays in between. I thought it was pretty funny, who knew you had to be Irish to wear green on St. Patty's. We don't go all out for this particular holiday (or do much at all for that matter). We didn't have green milk or pancakes like a good mom would have done, I didn't make corned beef and cabbage (I've never even eaten the stuff)... But we did wear green. Carter had fun at school talking about Leprechauns and rainbows and gold... Carter and Gage have since had to hide all of their treasures for fear that the Leprechauns would steal them.... we've even had a couple Leprechaun sightings while driving around town... oh to be a kid again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Holy Carter is looking so grown up! crazy! Don't worry, Nicole...we wear green on St. Patricks Day, too...that makes me laugh!
Love those sock hop pictures, that's so neat this his elementary has a sock hop.
Post a Comment