Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sock Hop

This week Carter's school held its annual Sock Hop. Jared had to work late and I wasn't too keen on the idea of taking 3 little boys by myself so I decided to get a sitter and take Carter on a date. (Shhh don't tell him I called it a date... he really didn't like that word... am I really that embarrassing already?!?)

So, for our little Mom & Me night we got decked out in our make shift 50's duds, went to McDonald's for a cheeseburger and headed to the Sock Hop where we enjoyed root beer floats, a hula hoop contest and lots of dancing. I think Carter may have had more fun running around with his friends than dancing with his mom but I managed to steal several dances.

I'm not sure what Carter thought a sock hop was but when we started getting ready he was really apprehensive. He didn't like the idea of getting dressed up and when I made a comment about it being a dance he broke down. He said he didn't want to dress up and he didn't want to dance because he would be embarrassed. Well it didn't take long for him to change his mind once we got there. It was so fun to be able to spend some one on one time with my little monster, something I intend to do more of!





10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you're wearing socks b/c it is a SOCK HOP. I see Carter is. You look fantastic!

Heather said...

That looks like sooooo mcuh fun. I am so sorry you have to move again. That really sucks but hey now you get to throw way stuff which is my favorite part.

The Mills Family said...

cute pics...looks like that would be a lot of fun

Laura said...

Moving again? It feels like you just got there! I hope you find a great place for your little fam! Ok you are not blogger stupid go to http://leeloublogs.blogspot.com/2008/05/lds-link-buttons.html and pick the button you want then go to layout on your blog and "add a gadget" and paste the code! Done! Let me know if you need help!

Janet said...

How cute are you two? I love the outfits, especially Carters greased hair. Did he bust out any moves I taught him, he better not have forgotten! Miss you guys.

Whitney said...

You are such a fun mom. What a great date.

Melissa said...

He doesn't look too embarrassed showing off his date!

Becca and fam said...

Oh, you look so cute! What a good mom you are and what a fun idea.

Anonymous said...

Well you certainly are busy. I just realized today that you probably had your baby. Congrats! Good luck with your move.

Ashlee said...

You are a cute mom!!!