Sunday, March 8, 2009

What do you do in the winter time...

...when you live in Wisconsin and it is nasty cold outside?? You go swimming! Last weekend we ventured up North to escape the cold. Up North you say? Of course... don't you usually head North in the winter to escape the cold??? Well you do when that is where you can find an indoor waterpark resort that maintains a balmy 84 degrees. It was just what we needed... a weekend of warmth. We pulled out the swimsuits, shorts and flip-flops and I felt like I was in Arizona once again. Saying that Carter and Gage were excited is a bit of an understatement. The boys dragged their dad from slide to slide to slide for hours upon end while I sat and enjoyed baby Cam and my book. Jared finally tag teamed me and although I was hesitant to reveal the amazing post baby body that was hiding under my swim cover I decided to let loose and have some fun. The resort is right on Lake Michigan and so we had a beautiful sunrise to wake up to... oh wait you don't really get a sunrise in Wisconsin most days with all the cloud cover, but the view of the Lake was still beautiful. The boys didn't get much sleep as they were eager to get back to the water park. They woke up before 7:00 and 9am couldn't come fast enough!

Side Liners.

I really enjoyed sitting on the side watching the boys play, reading my book, and enjoying the warmth.

Unsuspected knivery... Carter is a little monster! He led me right into the waterfall.

Cam content sleeping in the stroller - he slept the whole day.

Carter's fave... I think he lept across these lily pads at least 50 times... no joke.

This is how we do discipline at our house.

I think we wore them out!!

4 comments:

Sariah said...

Oh my gosh, that looks like SO MUCH FUN!! You guys have the best family activities!!

AMY said...

wow, I never heard of a place that when were in the snow. It must be on the other side of Lake Michigan. How fun! What a good baby of Cam to sleep through it all too!

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

How FUN!!! I actually saw in a magazine and indoor water-park that is a couple of hours from our house. It sounds like a great winter get-a-way. Glad you could warm up for a couple of days!!!

Janet said...

How fun! I saw on Jared's facebook that he enjoyed a day at the waterpark with his family and then he posted that nudist skinny dipping in the snow. Needless to say I was a bit confused. Thanks for clearing things up. The boys look like they feel right at home. I'll miss swimming with them this summer. Oh... thanks for having a life jacket on Gagers and not floaties. You're such a good mom.