Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Birthday to ME!

Since my birthday was Friday and Mother's Day was Sunday, Saturday seemed the perfect day to celebrate right!?!? Well some would say (myself included) that a woman deserves two special days a year, but sometimes it just doesn't work out like that (especially when your husband is a medical intern). We had a ward activity Friday night (the B-day) and Jared had to work Sunday (Happy Mother's Day to me!) so Saturday it was. After a busy Saturday full of activities we unwound to a DeLICioUs steak dinner with grilled asparagus and grilled corn on the cob, YUM! And topped it off with yummy chocolatey vanilla-ey goodness....(a parfait of sorts). My boys spoiled me with presents and flowers and homemade cards (the best!) Thanks for making me feel special boys! And thanks to all those who called, texted, and left birthday wishes on facebook, I feel loved!


The beautiful flowers and vase that Carter made during his free time at school for my birthday. He is such a thoughtful little boy!

I'm not lacking for help getting those presents opened!

Carter was sooo excited about the gag gift that he gave me... an empty tape dispenser and a paperclip. He was laughing his head off, "Mom, I got it out of the garbage!!" We all got a good kick out of his joke (and mostly at how hard he laughed at himself... he was rolling before I even got it out of the wrapping!)

Make a wish! Do I look one year older???

5 comments:

Rod said...

Hey birthday girl. Rod and I thought of you and kept saying when more people were at the house we would call and sing. Well, more people came but never at the same time-soooooooooo here's a late "happy birthday to you." We love you so much.

LAURA said...

Happy Happy birthday! Wow that cake thingy looks delicious.

Hey, I was in Prescott this weekend on vacation and my MIL pointed to a couple in sacrament and said it was your parents, and I was like, what? How do you know Jared and Nicole? And how do you know what her parents look like? She said she looks at your blog, that's how! And that's how she recognized your parents! (confused?) Anyways, there were tons of people and I didn't get a chance to say hi to them, do they live in Prescott?

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Nicole!! So glad it was fun and NO you dont look older! :)

***LIZ*** said...

Happy B-Day!!! Yummy, I wish you could share your birthday cake/pudding!

NATASHA said...

Carter makes me laugh SO hard! Wish I could have been there to help you celebrate. Looks like you had fun with your boys