Friday, August 7, 2009

Big Hair Bands

So Jared has a secret love of big hair bands. {Don't judge...} He finally came out of the closet and bought tickets to go see Bon Jovi at Summerfest in Milwaukee the night before we moved. I will admit to liking some of Bon Jovi's songs but I was worried I might come home from the concert with the biggest headache I had ever had, which was not the case at all. The concert was great!! It took me a little while to let loose and have a good time (it was hard not to think about the LONG list of things at home that still needed to be done before we loaded the moving truck the next day). People watching is one of my favorite pastimes and there was a lot of people watching to be done. The dynamics of the concert goers was amazing. Just in our little section there were 9 year old kids (who knew ALL the words to all the songs) and 80 year old men, punk rockers with purple mohawks and 40 year olds in their pleated chinos and tucked in polos (not to mention the totally drunk college girls spilling beer all over the people in front of them). We totally got into it and had so much fun dancing and singing and having a good time. I don't know how many more concerts I'll go to but this one did not disappoint!



Well the secrets out!!!

3 comments:

Becca and fam said...

Did you know that Maria Christensen has the hugest crush on Bon Jovi? She would be so jealous! Really though, I'm glad you had a nice time.

Al said...

Hee Hee I love it! Yes, I will only admit here I am a butt rocker too! You guys have to go see Def Leppard. It is almost more fun to check out the people in the crowd rather than the band! Looks like good times!

Ashlee said...

Okay. I am jealous. I loovvvvvvvvee Bon Jovi! I could seriously karaoke some Bon Jovi -- I bet it was awesome! You give love a bad name -- lay your hands on me -- livin' on a prayer -- (I'm totally singing the songs in my head!!)