Sunday, February 7, 2010

The big ONE!

Our baby is ONE! Weighing in at 25 pounds he is not a little guy (and never was). Since he eats his way through everything and prefers scooting to crawling (you would too if you had to lift that big ol' belly off the floor) we threw him a Very Hungry Caterpillar birthday party. One of my very favorite books! It was such a fun theme for a party. We served an assortment of foods from the book - strawberries, apples, pears, oranges (okay so they were clementines) cheese & salami (and of course some of my favorite appetizers too), had a caterpillar cake and lollipop party favors. So much fun!

"We can hardly believe a year has passed, Our little caterpillar has grown so fast. Join us for some food and fun, Camden Rex is turning ONE!"

The birthday boy with his first taste of cake

He was a little apprehensive at first but thoroughly enjoyed squishing it between his fingers. Once he got a taste there was no going back!

New shoes, woohoo!

Cam is the life of the party, can't you tell! He continues to be such a kick back little man. However has finally discovered the fun of pulling everything out of all of the drawers and cupboards. Loves to fish in the toilet when given the chance (I keep my fingers crossed he doesn't catch anything!) Isn't too keen on crawling but will cruise the furniture. Scooting has been his main mode of transportation although he is finally realizing that crawling is much more efficient. Says Dad all day long... I am convinced he thinks it's my name! (Except in the middle of the night or early morning, then he is definitely calling for his daddy.) Loves to put everything on his head, I'm guessing he's going to be a hat guy. Story time is an all time fave. Loves to growl and roar, especially in church or any other quiet setting. Has the yummiest cheeks EVER and is the cutest little caterpillar in the whole world!

Cam we love you!

7 comments:

Julie said...

What a great idea for a party!! Your cake was darling, and it all sounds awesome. You have such a cute houseful of boys, and I love reading about all you do. Thanks for sharing!

joeandmaegen said...

happy birthday camden. well so creative with your theme.cant waith to see you guys next week

Janet said...

Okay I wish I knew all of those things already about Cam, and thanks to the blogging world now I do. He is so stinkin' cute. I love the pic of him and Carter and of course the one of the whole fam (could Gage be more of a ham?). The whole hungry caterpillar idea is so original and the cake and invites were perfect. I can't wait to see the pics of Carters rowdy party. Can't wait to see you in 9 days! Love you.

jamie @ [kreyv] said...

SO cute! I might have to steal that idea some day. Love it!

***LIZ*** said...

What a cute boy! Happy 1st B-day!

Kara Pothier said...

Cute idea for a party - and as always, a wonderful cake. Which by the way I never learned from you before you left. Is that enough to get you to move back?

Tiffany said...

Cam and Max weigh the same amount! They are adorable. I want to make a birthday banner before Max's birthday- you know since we are going to be celebrating a lot of birthdays at our house now!