Monday, September 15, 2008

Lots and Lots of Corn Fields

A few weeks ago the boys and I took a road trip down to Bloomfield, Iowa to visit my roomie from Ricks, Amber (Olsen) Jenson and her family, she has two little boys close to Carter and Gage's ages and another baby BOY on the way... it had been about 4 years since I had seen her. The drive there was less than fabulous, you know what I mean if you have ever taken a 6 hour road trip by yourself with two little boys! There were however lots and lots of cornfields to enjoy along the way.

We had a lot of fun just hangin out, reminiscing the good ol' Ricks College days and just being moms. Amber is super mom and has an amazing garden. I think the highlight for my boys was picking the green beans from the garden. I think they ate one for every 3 beans that actually made it into the bowl - oops. Amber also has a HUGE yard (like 6 acres) and they had a blast playing outside, catching frogs and all sorts of other bugs, and running around to their hearts content! It was great, we had dutch oven cooking one night and cooked smores out in the backyard, went to a neighboring Amish village, took the boys to the library, and went swimming in the backyard. Thanks Ams for a great time... Hopefully we can show you a good time when you head up this way!

Carter, Adam, Gage, and Matthew

Gage with his new found friend "Cat"

Havin a ball!

A bean, a bean, momma check out my bean!

The gang hard at work!

The critter jar, with the catch of the day... a frog!

The rain stopped long enough for the boys to enjoy a nice frigid swim.

Kickin it on the swing, enjoying the outdoors.

9 comments:

Ang said...

How fun!!! I am so jealous. It's great that you both have two boys with another kid on the way! I miss the days in #208.

AMY said...

It's so green...now that's what I miss about the midwest! She probably hardly has to water her garden there. This is the first picture I can actually tell you are pregant. Fun that your friend has 3 boys too. Let me know when you are in AZ, we can meet up for lunch or go to the zoo, museum etc. I can drive!

Tiffany said...

I am leaving a comment- I guess I am #3 :) You look so cute pregnant but you already know that because I am talking to you on the phone right now while I am looking at your blog. I am reading your other comments to you so... you know! It looks like some midwest fun where you just want to kick up your heels and play a banjo :)

Melissa said...

What a fun place... that seems like an awesome place to raise kids and a fun little vacation spot.

PS... you look super cute prego. You must be doing something right to be getting another boy! Congrats!!

{autie} said...

You guys are always doing fun things. I love to spy and see what the latest and greatest fun thing you've done. You're crazy, we miss you!

Becca and fam said...

Such cute photo's and you look so pretty. How are you feeling? Do you like having Carter in school?

Lindsey Simon said...

You have a cute blog! It looks like you are prego with #3? When are you due? We just had a miscarriage at 6 weeks with #3 but you keep trying, right? :)You make cute boys! Do you know what you are having yet?

Lindsey Simon said...

You have a cute blog! It looks like you are prego with #3? When are you due? We just had a miscarriage at 6 weeks with #3 but you keep trying, right? :)You make cute boys! Do you know what you are having yet?

Michelle said...

Hi Robbins Family,

I got your blog from Amber's. She was up in N.L. for a church activity and said you had been down to see them. I told her you should have stopped by! Next time you better. How far are you from Iowa City? Maybe we could meet somewhere. Anyways....you can check us out at theereksonfamily.blogspot.com.