Saturday, February 28, 2009

Par-Tay!!

Last weekend Janet (my cousin) came to visit from Arizona... Who in the world comes to Milwaukee from AZ in the winter??? "AUNT" JANET DOES! she's a super star if you ask me... She came to meet baby Cam and to be here for Gagers birthday. Carter and Gage were SUPER excited for her to come (probably because they knew they would be spoiled to death... AND because they love her dearly). They were counting down the days! (I was excited too :)

We went to Lake Michigan on a whim on the way home from the airport and went for a "walk on the beach" Wisconsin style. We saw the funniest sign while we were there...
A close up of the sign:
What in the world?!? We were seriously laughing so hard!!

Janet's modeling debut.

It was cold, and I don't think Janet thawed out until she returned home to Tucson but it was nice to get out of hibernation mode... I stay inside way too much lately!

We went to a pizza place to celebrate Gage's big day... It was like a Chuck E. Cheese on steroids.

Tickets anyone?

Um, is someone excited... I think Carter beat us all at air hockey. (I'm sure the competitive side of Jared would say he let Carter win.)

Meeting Aunt Janet... I think he likes her!

We woke up on Gage's birthday to 8 inches of freshly fallen snow. When Gage saw it he got so excited and exclaimed, "It's for my birthday!!" I'm sure Janet was ecstatic to go out into the blizzard to play in the snow... but you have to honor the birthday boys wishes!! (Actually I think she may have even had fun too.)




Gage's cake request... a fire truck...


Singing "Happy Birthday." I love how into it Carter gets...

Make a wish! ("I wish that Janet would come and visit us again!")

Janet we were all so excited to have you here to help celebrate Gage's birthday... we just wish you could have stayed longer!! Maybe once it warms up we can get you to come back!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cake is AWESOME!!! I can't believe you've got three now; it's crazy. I hope you're well and I'm pretty sure that Maya and Gage share the same hair style.

Anonymous said...

That cake is AWESOME!!! I can't believe you've got three now; it's crazy. I hope you're well and I'm pretty sure that Maya and Gage share the same hair style.

Anonymous said...

I have to say that is one of your best cakes! They are all amazing but wow this one is WOW!!! Looks like you guys had a good time. I can't wait til it's my turn!

Janet said...

You're so funny! And of course I'm going to come back. I can't go too long without my Robbins fix! But I think I'll wait 'til the weather is a little nicer, I'm not loco enough to do it twice in the winter! I forgot that you got a pic of Carter playing air hockey, he was so stinkin' excited. He really beat me 2 out of the 3 games we played, and I didn't let him beat me either. Carter has serious skills! While the pics of the cake are cute, I'm not quite sure that they do it justice. Because it was insane! Thanks so much for having me, I had so much fun. I love you guys!

LAURA said...

wow that cake really is amazing! what a beautiful auntie the boys have.

Kara said...

Did you seriously make that cake? Seriously? I knew you were talented but those are some mad skills. Mad!! Maybe you could teach your lame friend some technique before you leave. Great, it's a project.

the walker's said...

Oh how fun!! I love that you guys have blizzards and we have sunshine...=-) Happy Birthday Gagers!! Nicole your cake is absolutely beautiful... you've got talent!! Janet has been all over... =-) I'm sure the boys just loved having her!! We miss you guys and can't wait to see you again... Camden is a doll!

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Sweet cake! You are so good about that! I bet Gage LOVED it. Yeah, what was with that sign? That only if you're skinny you can "go" on the beach and if you're fat you have to "stop"? So funny. I am glad Janet could come and visit you! I bet that was awesome.

Anonymous said...

uh I know who I am calling to make our next b-day cake.. NICE work!
It looks like you had such a great time with Janet :)!
And seriously what is with that sign, that is the weirdest thing!

Julie said...

I'm sounding like a broken record, repeating everyone's comments, but that cake is SO AWESOME!!! Seriously!! I can't believe you made it.

I hope it warms up soon there for you guys!

wilfordfamily2003 said...

I'm finally catching up on blogs and I can't believe how much has happened. Happy Birthday to Carter and Gage. You have got to be the most ambitious and talented cake decorator Nicole. Fabulous Job! The boys are soooo cute. I enjoyed seeing Gage's baby pictures and Camden's hairy back. The marker episode had me laughing and wondering what I would do with another boy, and to think you have 3. :) You are amazing! You're doing such a terrific job. They are so blessed.

Lisha said...

Holy Cow on the cake!! You are impressive!