Sunday, April 6, 2008

Happy Easter

Well, Easter was the beginning of a very long trip for the Robbins family. Well actually we went to Tucson even before that for a couple of days and found out that we are moving to Milwaukee, Wisconsin this summer after Jared graduates from medical school where he will start his internship. So, we will be saying good-bye to the blazing hot desert only to welcome the ice and the cold! I hope I can survive it, all I can say is that after 7 years in Arizona I think I am going to need a new wardrobe! We were home for a day before heading to ShowLow to start our 2200 mile (yes I did say 2200 not 220) round-trip getaway where we vacationed everywhere from here to Montana. My nephew, Reece, the eldest grandchild, was baptised the day before Easter so a lot of my family gathered at my brothers new home in ShowLow and we had a lot of fun celebrating birthdays, Easter and a baptism. The boys love the annual easter egg hunt put on by Gramma Mangum. My brother, Rick, has adopted the role as the Easter Bunny and each year he dresses up and emerges during the easter egg hunt to give the kids some goodies. (Jared has commented on more than one occasion that he is glad that he was not given that role in the family.) It's a lot of fun and the kids love it! After all of the eggs were gone Gage kept wandering around the yard saying, "Mo easta eggs, mo easta eggs!" As if he didn't have enough, his basket was spilling over.
All the kiddos with the Easter Bunny (Uncle Ricky). I guess the one good thing about his calling in the family is that all the kids love him because he gets credit for all of the loot they end up taking home.

The family on Easter morning. Gage would not smile for a picture even after bribing him with candy (and that kid will do ANYTHING for candy.)

3 comments:

AMY said...

Wisconsin will be cold! Best of luck and we'll miss you!

Mer said...

Aww, we'll miss you. At least I got to hang out with you one last time before you move to Wisconsin. It's cold but I'm sure you'll love it. We have good friends that live there and they love it. Well, if you're in Prescott before the big move call me up. Oh, I loved the post about Carter wrestling. That is hilarious, what great posts! Love and aloha, Mer :o)

Jeff, Di and Ty said...

I am so glad that you had such a fun trip. It was a good opportunity for me to teach on Easter Sunday. We will miss your cute family when you move, but how exciting!