Friday, April 25, 2008
The Sweet Prayer of a 2 Year Old
The other night we tucked Gage into bed only to hear him cry out moments later, "my pwayers, my pwayers!" Since Carter is in a new independent stage and wants to be alone while he says his personal prayers I guess we had forgotten to let Gage say his own prayer. I love that my two year old was so distraught at not praying before going to bed. I love being a mom, it's moments like these that I cherish. I also love listening to him pray for the things that are important to him. I think his prayer this evening went something like this... "thank you for mommy, thank you for daddy, thank you for Carter, thank you for Rustin, thank you for popcorn, thank you for cake, thank you for my toys, thank you for Carter's toys, thank you for huge temples, thank you for little temples, thank you for my Jesus." So sweet and so sincere. I LoVe my bOyS!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Nicole! I just found your blog, your family is so cute! I love little kid prayers. Sometimes Avery walks around the house with folded arms saying prayers to himself. Its funny.
SOOO cute! Gager's little prayer just totally made me tear up. Those moments are the good ones that I think Elder Ballard was talking about that make the challenging ones bearable. I completely forgot to check out your muscle pic online. I can't wait to see it! Thanks again SOOOO much for your help with the invites!! They are completely finished, stamped and ready to go out right in the AM. PHEW!!!
Doesn't take a lot to bring tears to my eyes anymore. Must come with being a Mom. What a sweet prayer. You and Jared are such great parents. Your boys are so blessed!
Post a Comment