Well I was finally forced to surrender to Jared's love of wrestling. Jared and his family ganged up on me when we were in Malad. We were only there for two nights but as my luck would have it our first night there was the big elementary school wrestling tournament. Since Rex (Grandpa Robbins) is in charge of the tournament they decided this would be a great way to initiate Carter into the world of wrestling. I have tried to convince Jared that there will be no contact sports until junior high, but once I saw how excited Carter was at the idea of wrestling at the tournament I couldn't say no. Besides even if I had I'm sure I would have been overruled. Before we headed out to the tournament Jared was giving Carter a few quick wrestling lessons since it was the end of the season for all of the Malad kids and Carter has never wrestled anyone but his dad. I made the comment to Jared that Carter was probably going to get hurt since he has no idea what he is doing and he was just going to end up crying. Before we headed out the door I overheard Jared telling Carter that no matter what he couldn't cry because "wrestlers don't cry and besides it will just make me look bad." Well at the beginning of Carter's first match he took the other kid down and for one reason or another the other little boy started crying. The ref called a time out and Carter looked over at the boy and said, "Wrestlers don't cry!" I am embarrased to admit that I was a little bit excitable while watching Carter wrestle, I hope I don't catch the wrestling bug.


The newcomer wins! Carter tied his first match and won his second one.

Carter with his cousins, Taysun and Whyett, at the end of the wrestling tournament.
1 comment:
That's so fun to see him wrestle, I had no idea that kids that little wrestled. Connor would love having an excuse to take someone down!
Post a Comment