Saturday, April 26, 2008

Sunrise Picnic

Since moving back to Tempe there are some old friends that lived at the Sunrise Apartments with us that I have been wanting to get together with for some time. The apartment complex that we lived in right after we got married was kind of in the ghetto but it was great because it was a little mormon community, our little safe haven amidst the craziness that surrounded us. When we moved in 19 of the 20 apartments were filled with members of the church, most of which were newly married - it was a lot of fun! In our ward the apartment complex was known as the "Mormon Dorm." We had a lot of fun while we were there and we made some good friends, especially since a lot of us became first time moms while we were there... We experienced a lot of firsts together.

Well, since I'm moving soon I decided that I would put together a picnic at a park we used to go to together when the kids were just little. Of course there aren't too many of us that still live close but a few of us got together for a picnic and it was so fun to see each other, the kids and how our families have grown!




Back in 2004, from left to right: Remington (Remi) Norton, Carter, and Erin Bueler.





Remi, Erin and Carter 4 years later... look how they've grown! They still had a lot of fun together even after all these years!





Look how our families have grown, I think we're even missing a couple in this picture. It was sure fun to see everyones little crops of kids. Remi has 2 little sisters now (not pictured), Erin has two little sisters and Andrew has a little sister. Am I the only one without girls!?! Well Carter is there in the middle with Gage (the two making funny faces!)



Our picnic at Kiwanis Park, everyone brought yummy treats to share!

The Sunrise Mommas: Myself, Marsha Bueler, Siboney Norton, and Esther Ostler. We wish the rest of you Sunrise gals could have been there to share the afternoon!

No comments: