Saturday, April 12, 2008

Everyone Poops

Everyone poops... but not everyone bags it and takes it home from the grocery store. So, to give a little background info on the situation Carter has been having some gastrointestinal problems for about 9 months now and he is currently undergoing some testing to try to figure out what the problem is. Well, one of those tests includes 5 stool samples. Well we got the first 4 pretty quick but I had been waiting for a day for the last one so that I could get all of the vials of poo out of my house and back to the lab. Well of course we were at the grocery store when Carter suddenly had to go. Since I was about to bag a bunch of asparagus I decided to take the produce bag grabbed another and off I went with Carter to the restroom. We collected the sample, double bagged it and dropped it in my purse. (I know nasty.) As we were walking out of the bathroom Carter looks up at me and says, "Mom that's pretty funny that we are taking my poop home with us!" I looked up in horror to see if anyone was within ear shot and this lady was there giving me a really nasty look and another guy was laughing at us. Ahh the joys of motherhood!


I have to add that we also went to Sonora Quest Lab today for the boys to get some blood drawn. Carter for the same problem and Gage's for a lead screening. Carter got up there and didn't even flinch when they poked him and he gave his 3 vials with a smile on his face. No tears, no whining! Gage was so excited when it was his turn that he got up in the chair and gave his vial without a whimper. I was sooo proud of them, they did better than I do when I have to give blood. They were more annoyed with the bands that they wrapped around their arm then they were with the needles.



8 comments:

Heather said...

I havd had to bag the poop thing. Nasty, I know. I hope you find out whats up.

wilfordfamily2003 said...

You have the funniest bathroom stories Nicole. What brave little boys you have. You are an amazing Mom too! (Crazy the things we find ourselves doing.) I hope everything turns out alright.

Mindi

Laura said...

I'm really sorry he has had problems for that long....but it made for a funny story in the end....no pun intended! I just dont know if I could have put it in my purse you are a great little Mama! Hope they find out whats up!

Nicole said...

Laura I didn't want to put it in my purse either, but had I brought it out of the bathroom in a produce bag, I'm afraid they would have wanted to weigh it!!! AAhh! (I'm not paying for my kiddos poo)

Jeff, Di and Ty said...

Too bad you couldn't take your sample home and steam it with your other produce! He he!

Melissa said...

Motherhood introduces you to all kinds of nasty stuff that the average person can stomach.

Nic said...

What a story!!! Share that at his Senior Roast... O.K. maybe not:) I was going to say how sorry I was that the boys had to have their blood drawn, but they seemed to handle it just fine. Noelle's been out of school sick for a week and I mentioned that the doctor thinks they might do a blood test and she instantly started with the tears. All I said was "needle" and she lost it. What brave little men you have... and a brave Mom you are... Your a great Mom!!!

AMY said...

That is a hilarious story! Poop in a purse, only a mom!