Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Maxwell David, the newest member of the Mangum Clan

Well I lucked out again! When my sister, Tiffany, had her first baby, Turner, I happened to be flying into Salt Lake the day he was born so I got to see him right away. With Max I was in Montana so we were able to stop by on the way home to see the little guy and boy was he precious. There's nothing as sweet and precious as a newborn baby - almost makes me baby hungry. Gage loved the little guy and has been talking about him ever since. He had a perma-smile on his face the whole time he held Max and I loved every minute of watching his excitement. Carter wanted absolutely nothing to do with Max (sound familiar? - he acted the same way when Gage was born). I wanted to get a picture of all of the boys together so I asked Carter if he would hold Max for a picture but he absolutely would not budge on his indiference towards this child. He finally agreed to support Max's head while Gage held him for the picture. Well that worked out okay until the picture was over and Gage wanted to get back to playing with Turner. He exclaimed, "All Done!" and proceeded to push Max off of his lap, which would have resulted in a big thud onto the floor from the couch if Jared hadn't yelled,"Grab the baby!" from across the room. No worries though, Max was not injured in the making of this memory.

4 comments:

Simon Family said...

Hi Nicole! This is Melissa Simon, aka Ainsa. How have you been? I found your blog on Merideth Lam's blog and thought I would say hello! Your boys are super cute! How old are they? Where are you living now? We are in Cambridge, Josh has 1 year left at Harvard Law. It has been fun. You can see our blog at melisimonsays.blogspot.com

Heather said...

Nicole, I am so excitd to find you. I often reads Bretts blog but always wondered where yours was and never really found it. Frankly I couldn't remember your last name and leaves me with too many places to go. YOur boys are sooooo cute and YOu look AMAZING. Are you guys still in Tempe? When we come down there next, we will have to hook up. YOu don't know how excited I am to get back in touch with you.

nate and marne said...

Little wrestlers are cool...its not the contact you should worry about...its the starvation to make weight in High School that stunts your growth later in those teenage years. Thats why I took up basketball, I eat waaaaaaaaaay too much. Its good to see your blog.
Nathan

{autie} said...

So fun to catch up on everything I've missed! Come over and teach me how to make my blog cute, would ya???
So glad you're back, finally!!!!