Saturday, April 12, 2008

Wisconsin Winter Wonderland

A friend of mine who grew up in Wisconsin emailed this to me... I can't wait for winter this year (will we be going outside at all?!?) Wisconsin here we come!

"A curious fellow died one day and found himself waiting in the long line of judgment. As he stood there he noticed that some souls were allowed to march right through the pearly gates into Heaven. Others though, were led over to Satan who threw them into the burning pit. But every so often, instead of hurling a poor soul into the fire, Satan would toss a soul off to one side into a small pile. After watching Satan do this several times, the fellow's curiosity got the best of him.
So he strolled over and asked Satan what he was doing. "Excuse me, Prince of Darkness," he said. "I'm waiting in line for Judgment, but I couldn't help wondering. Why are you tossing those people aside instead of flinging them into the Fires of Hell with the others?" "Oh those ...... Satan groaned. "They're all from Wisconsin; they're still too cold and wet to burn."

6 comments:

nate and marne said...

Hey...we live in Mesa now...really close to the temple...are you really moving to Wisconsin? We have some family there(wifes side) and they HATE the place because it is so cold. Good luck and you have a beautiful family.

Anonymous said...

It does look cold!!! I guess when you want to get warm you can go to the "Windy city" and see Mark and Michelle!!! I am enjoying your Blog, keep up the good work.

robbins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tiffany said...

I guess you will have to invest in some snow shoes :)

Nicole said...

I would love to get some snow shoes! We'll have to see if we can find some used ones or something so that our love of hiking doesn't have to die with the snow

Jeff, Di and Ty said...

That story is hilarious!